Centennial Academy is looking for four student supervisors for the 2023-2024 school year (January 2024 to the end of June 2024).
About Centennial Academy and Centennial College
Located in Montreal, Quebec, Centennial Academy is a leader in inclusive education and is dedicated to helping young people master their learning challenges, become autonomous and resilient learners, and graduate on time. Centennial Academy has an English-language sector and a French-language sector. Centennial College offers CÉGEP programmes in English with a focus on helping students who face learning challenges become autonomous and resilient learners. We are early adopters of the Universal Design for Learning (UDL), a scientifically-driven educational framework that addresses the main barrier to learning: an inflexible, one-size-fits-all approach to teaching. UDL reaches all types of learners, by providing multiple means of representation, expression and engagement. We create a safe learning community. We use inclusive instructional practices. We adhere to systems and structures that support learning. We teach our students how to learn. We prepare them for life.
Working at Centennial provides an opportunity to join a team of passionate individuals who are committed to learning and to implementing the school’s mission, values and approach in everything we do. Centennial is looking for reliable, patient, and caring supervisors to support day-to-day supervision. Depending on our needs, supervisors might also be asked to help with substitution.
- Monitor students when they arrive at school in the morning, during breaks, lunch break, after school and during the day when students are outside of class (e.g.: bathroom breaks)
- Ensure compliance with school regulations and students’ safety
- Give warnings to students when necessary and report regulatory violations to designated persons
- Clearly explain the rules to students when necessary
- Be consistent in your interventions with students
- Perform any other task assigned by the Head Supervisor or management
- Substitution might be required, occasionally
Skills & Qualifications
- Enrolled in an education program (important asset)
- Experience working directly with students in an educational environment (important asset)
- Completion of a secondary school diploma.
- Fluency in English and French. (excellent communication skills)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide range of students’ behaviors.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Duration: January 2024 to the end of June 2024
- Schedule: Must be available Monday to Friday, between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Salary Scale: starting from $22/hr