To help your child become an autonomous and resilient learner:
Help her combat exam stress with proven calming techniques.
Your child will inevitably feel a degree of stress during the exam period. In addition to helping your child prepare academically for her exams, you can also help her prepare emotionally, so she goes into her exams in a calmer state of mind.
Here are a few tried-and-tested things that your child might want to try :
- Stick to regular routines and study schedules;
- Get at least eight hours of sleep every night;
- Listen to soothing music or a guided meditation to induce calm;
- Get some exercise every day;
- Ask for help if you feel stressed or overwhelmed;
- Take a few slow, deep breaths if you feel your nerves getting the better of you.