About Centennial Academy:
Located in Montreal, Quebec, Centennial Academy is a leader in inclusive education and is dedicated to helping young people master their learning challenges, become autonomous and resilient learners, and graduate on time. Centennial Academy has an English-language sector and a French-language sector.
We are early adopters of the Universal Design for Learning (UDL), a scientifically-driven educational framework that addresses the main barrier to learning: an inflexible, one-size-fits-all approach to teaching. UDL reaches all types of learners, by providing multiple means of representation, expression and engagement. We create a safe learning community. We use inclusive instructional practices. We adhere to systems and structures that support learning. We teach our students how to learn. We prepare them for life.
Reporting to the Director of Student Success and Coach development, you will ensure that parents are familiar and aligned to the Centennial’s approach to learning and bridge the gap between the school and parents who require a deeper understanding of its benefits for their child. You will also provide new parents with an orientation to Centennial and its approach as well as assess and provide parents both individually and in groups, strategies to set limits, plan home routines and monitor social medial.
- Support families, conduct assessments and provide parent with tools to help optimize the learning, achievement and well-being of their child
- Provide counselling guidance and support to parents, as required
- Advocate on behalf of the school and the school’s approach and vision, as required
- Provide new parent orientation and monitor parent integration
- Provide strategies to parents who are struggling to set limits at home
- Provide workshops and info sessions to support groups of parents, as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree or certification in social work or social service.
- Fluency in English and French (excellent communication skills)
- Experience working with parents in an educational environment is an asset
- Professionalism, good interpersonal skills and attention to details
- Must be able to contribute actively to a team
- Service-oriented with a demonstrated ability to build constructive and effective relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to deal with confidential and/or sensitive situations with discretion, tact and diplomacy and respect boundaries
- Must be self-motivated, empathetic, and approachable
- Ability to envision and implement innovative programs and initiatives
If you would like to apply to one of our job openings, please send a cover letter and your CV to: email@example.com
Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.