About Centennial Academy:
Located in Montreal, Quebec, Centennial Academy is a leader in inclusive education and is dedicated to helping young people master their learning challenges, become autonomous and resilient learners, and graduate on time. Centennial Academy has an English-language sector and a French-language sector.
We are early adopters of the Universal Design for Learning (UDL), a scientifically-driven educational framework that addresses the main barrier to learning: an inflexible, one-size-fits-all approach to teaching. UDL reaches all types of learners, by providing multiple means of representation, expression and engagement. We create a safe learning community. We use inclusive instructional practices. We adhere to systems and structures that support learning. We teach our students how to learn. We prepare them for life.
Reporting to the Head of School, you will be responsible for ensuring the continuous monitoring, review and renewal of curriculum at Centennial Academy. You will works closely with department leaders, assisting them and teachers with curriculum development, material development and learning approaches to support and enhance learning. You will supports professional learning by actively researching curricular trends and by developing materials and templates consistent with the school’s mission and overall academic goals.
- Designs and coordinates curriculum development
- Ensures that curriculum and instructional practices are reviewed continuously
- In collaboration with department leaders, ensures that the school’s overall academic goals are promoted and integrated within and across departments
- Works with department leaders and teachers to develop, guide, and support curricular innovation, including the development of new approaches and materials
- Maintains a current knowledge of curricular trends and research, reporting findings and making recommendations to the Administration
- Supports and promotes interdisciplinary curriculum initiatives
- Makes recommendations to administration regarding professional learning opportunities related to curriculum and instruction
- Organizes and leads annual summer training for new teachers
- Participates in faculty meetings and give presentations when necessary
- A Master of Arts in education and curriculum or a Master of Arts in educational technology and curriculum
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- Creative approach to building upon the Centennial framework – learning behaviors, departmental framework and learning strategies
- Familiarity with effective curriculum design and assessment types
- Experience teaching and working in a classroom
- Strong knowledge of educational software programs
- Strong communication skills and technical writing skills
If you would like to apply to one of our job openings, please send a cover letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.