About the Academy, College, and Centennial Foundation
Centennial is a private high school that helps students meet their learning challenges and earn their MEQ high school diploma within 5 years. Centennial has an English sector and a French sector and accepts applicants year-round, without an entrance exam. Centennial is also an English College of about 50 students. The Centennial Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support the development and pursuit of the educational project of the Academy and Centennial College. With the financial support of the Foundation, Centennial Academy is able to provide scholarships and financial aid to those who otherwise would not be able to benefit from its educational project.
General Job Description and Main Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of School, the successful candidate will contribute to the success of Centennial Foundation’s activities, supporting the team in the areas of administration, organization, event planning, and communication. Responsibilities will include updating the database and tracking donors, participating in the organization of events and the development of communication tools, as well as contributing to the success of fundraising campaigns.
Administrative Support Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare fundraising committee meetings: agendas, minutes, meeting follow-up, preparation of fundraising materials, campaign reports, PPT presentations, etc.
- Draft all correspondence to donors and partners, as well as draft agreements (donation agreements, tax receipts, fundraising and thank-you letters, etc.).
- Manage the donor base in PRODON – credit card donations, pledges.
- Work closely with Centennial’s Director of Finance, Administration, and Human Resources to ensure compliance with donation collection and data entry procedures.
- Participate in the development and execution of activities related to donor retention and recognition as well as new donor development and outreach.
- Work closely with Admissions to build and foster relationships with existing and potential families.
- Support event planning for fundraising and loyalty activities, including invitation design and approval; invitation mailing and response tracking; vendor relations; final event reports.
- Must be a go-getter interested in learning and impacting the lives of our students and their families.
- Known for their creative and innovative spirit, they must possess strong interpersonal skills and a highly developed sense of ethics.
- They must be organized, analytical, and results-oriented. They will need to work closely with management and make informed decisions. In addition, they must be excellent communicators and highly adaptable, drawing on their flexibility and interpersonal skills.
Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Degree or certificate in administration, communications or related field (certificate in philanthropy an asset)
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in philanthropy or fundraising would be desirable
- Knowledge of techniques and principles related to fundraising and major gift management
- Good knowledge of databases, PRODON an asset
- Previous experience in fundraising for educational institutions is an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills. French and English, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in a Windows environment
- Sense of planning and organization
- Sense of responsibility and autonomy; ability to propose solutions
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills – discretion, diplomacy
- 6 weeks’ vacation after one year of work. Three weeks in the first year (2-week holiday break, 1 week at school spring break)
- Sick/personal days – 5 days per school year
- Group insurance plan – partially funded by the school. Includes group life, long-term disability insurance as well as optional medical and dental insurance. Three (3) different package options available. Must be a permanent resident with a valid RAMQ card
- Pension plan administered by the Québec government, fully funded by the employee. Can transfer existing government pension plan to new plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Fee Reimbursement – 50% of the tuition fees of courses leading employee to advanced degree. Tuition fees for children (50% reduction)
- Annual salary review based on performance
- On-site parking available (paid by employee)
Type of employment: Full time, with end date
Duration: 12 months
Salary Range: $23.07 to $25.48 per hour
Deadline to Apply: September 26, 2023
To Apply: Please send your résumé and cover letter to: HResources@centennial.qc.ca
If you would like to apply to one of our job openings, please send a cover letter and your CV to: email@example.com
Please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.