We believe that all students can learn.
At Centennial we embrace the notion that learning must take place in the classroom with the teacher. With this in mind, we have designed our approach and our teaching environment to reach a wide range of learners.
All our high school students benefit from:
- Homework time as part of the school day during Study Block
- Scheduled teacher availability every week
- An intranet system that chronicles student homework and assignments and provides learning material that can be accessed by parents.
- Routine, daily, collection of performance data on our customized Road to Success system, monitoring student learning and development
- Weekly faculty meetings to share observations and concerns and to identify students requiring more attention.
- Weekly Student Success meetings with our team of learning specialists to develop individual success plans for those students requiring more support.
- A range of student support services including a homework training program, Step Up to Writing techniques, and resources to develop organization and planning strategies.