Students transfer into Centennial Academy at all times during the school year. Choosing a high school for your child is one of the most difficult decisions to make. Each school offers different opportunities and approaches to learning, and it's important to find a school that matches your child’s individual needs. Many parents have found that, after a year or two in one institution, another school may meet more of the needs of their child and ensure greater success.
Some of the signs indicating that it might be time for a transfer include:
- High grades in some classes and low grades in others or grades that fluctuate
- A strong effort on studies with little improvement in marks
- Tutoring required after school for any given subject
- Difficulty completing homework without supervision
- Trouble keeping notes, binders and class work organized
- Class lectures not capturing the student's attention
- Frequent absences from school
- Unhappy with the social environment
- Feeling unmotivated and unchallenged
If your child is experiencing any of these issues, or if you have other concerns with their current school, we encourage you to visit us as soon as possible. Centennial Academy is the only school in Québec, in either English or French, which is equipped to work with the individual strengths and weaknesses of your child to ensure academic success in high school and beyond.